Tuesday, December 2, 2008

PMS and Workouts

I have found over the years that PMS for me means bad moods, water retention, headaches, bloating, cramps, etc., etc. I think you're getting the picture or can create your own. One thing that I have found is that exercise makes me feel so much better when I feel PMS coming on.


It has been proven that women who increase their exercise schedule the week before their menstrual cycle will have better all over health. So, even on those days when exercise is the farthest from your thoughts, take 10 minutes to help yourself.
PMS Symptoms that can be Cured with Exercise
  1. Bloating
  2. Breast Tenderness
  3. Excess Sweating
  4. Muscle Pains
  5. Cramps

The following is a list of proven exercises that help with most PMS symptoms. Each exercise is specifically target to improve symptoms that we try to mask with over the counter medications.

Exercises to Help with PMS
  1. Leg Lunges
  2. Butt Squeezes
  3. Push Ups
  4. Sit Ups (old school style)
  5. Crunches
Research shows that finishing off your exercise routine with water, magnesium, and a hot shower will improve your over all mood.

After Exercising

  1. Drink plenty of Water
  2. Take A Hot Shower
  3. Take Multi-Vitamins with extra Magnesium to help fight depression and mood swings.

4 comments:

Rondi said...

This is a great thing you are doing Kim. I hope once in awhile you will post something for those of us who are young in the inside but old on the outside.

jen said...

Kim, do you ever get tired????? I love the blog.

Melinda said...

What a great idea! I am sharing this blog with others!

Maren said...

I love this!! I have a friend that has something sort of like this!! I think it is great to get advice from other mommas!!!!! Is there a way that you can make it so if I have a post that I want to post I can??