Friday, December 5, 2008

Spotlight

Saturday is the day to Spotlight amazing women in our lives. If you would like to nominate someone for a spotlight, please email me at kmjbmom@hotmail.com.



I have so many amazing women in my life, my mom, mother in law, sister, sister in laws, cousins, nieces, friends, and Grandmas. The list could go on and on. Today, I would like to spotlight my Grandma Petersen.



My Grandma

My Grandma has shown me over the last year that with persistence, determination, and lots of love and support from those around us, that we can make it through the most difficult times in our lives. You see, a year ago today was the last day on this earth that my Grandma was able to spend with my Grandpa. He passed away in his sleep early in the morning on December 7, 2007.


Grandma has had the harder end of the deal in this situation. While I know that Grandpa is in a wonderful place, learning, growing, and waiting for my grandma, my Grandma has had to face the earthly loneliness of being without the love of her life. She has done this with such grace and dignity. She never doesn't think about him, but everyday she is living her life for him. She plays cards with her girlfriends three times a week and has even joined a bowling league.


She is a true example of when life hand you lemons, you make lemonade. I don't think her lemonade is perfect yet, but everyday there is a little more sugar added to sweeten up her life. Thank you Grandma for living on so we can enjoy loving you.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Love this blog, Kim!

Grandma Petersen is certainly tough!

I was thinking about that the other day... how would I feel if I couldn't see Kyle for an indefinite amount of time? How would I feel if I had to go through life alone? How would I feel if I couldn't talk to him on the phone? I just can't imagine how devestating that would be.