Monday, December 8, 2008

Shortcuts For Household Chores

Here are a few of my favorite cleaning shortcuts
If you have a favorite cleaning shortcut, please comment so that it can be added to our list.

Dusting
  • Use an old sock on your hand to dust. (Your kids will enjoy helping with this one)
  • If you need to dust a lampshade or your fake plants use a lint roller.

Cleaning the Microwave

  • Boil lemon water in the microwave for about five minutes. After the five minutes, let the bowl sit in the closed microwave for about 10 minutes. You should be able to just wipe off the grime with a paper towel or wash rag.

Windows and Mirrors

  • Use Vinegar to spray the windows.
  • Then use newspaper paper to clean the windows. Your windows will shine.

Cleaning Your Floors

  • Use Vinegar and Hot Water to clean your tile.
  • This works best when washing your floor on your hands and knees.

2 comments:

jen said...

I do not know how you get anything done with twins. Allison is a handful by herself.

Holli said...

Well, I don't have any shortcuts, persay...

I will say that, instead of cleaning out my dishwasher (which most people don't realize that it needs regular cleaning) I buy Glisten powder, pour it in the soap dispenser, run the dishwasher, and let it do its trick.

I will also say I'm a big beiever in labels. That way, no one (cough husbands) have an excuse for "not knowing where stuff goes." Labels just give everything a clearly defined space.

Lastly, when you have kids you get a lot of "fridge decor" that can really get cluttered and send papers sailing everytime you need a glass of milk. To combat this, I give Gabi a special folder to keep all her artwork in. Only her favorites go on the fridge.